Mon–Thu: 7am – 5:30pm
Fri, Sat & Sun: Closed

(810) 767-4920
211 West Oakley St.
Flint, Michigan 48503-3995

Apply for a Permit or Address

A permit is required for all work within the right-of-way. As of December 1, 2020, the Genesee County Road Commission uses Oxcart Permit Systems to receive and process permit applications. All transactions must be processed through Oxcart Permit Systems. This includes address requests, oversize trucking, driveways and road accessibility, drainage work, utility work, plan review, commercial site construction and any other work taking place in the right-of-way. See instructions below on how to apply.


  1. Click here to create an account or sign in to Oxcart.
  2. Select either the Right of Way tab or the Trucking tab.
  3. Select “Genesee County Road Commission” and click “Apply for Permit.”
  4. Fill out the application and submit it.

Staff will review and process your application. Once that is complete, you will receive an email with instructions on how to pay for your permit. All payments are processed through credit card on the Oxcart website. In addition to Genesee County Road Commission permit fees, Oxcart collects a nominal convenience charge and credit card processing charge for each permit.

oxcart permits